[Private] The Results of their Find

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] The Results of their Find

Post by kyubbifox9 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:17 pm

"Hey it's my pleasure, and I mean what are friends for right?"

Shane smiled widely, taking a few more bites of his warm, almost gooey cake before he drank a large gulp of tea to wash it down. It was still hot, scalding even, but he enjoyed the feeling of warmth it gave from inside that helped against the chill he got from their walk outside. Though he took a few moments to let his tongue before holding up his mug and speaking.

"And how about cheers to a fantastic rainy day."

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:28 am

Mari nodded with a smile, taking a bite of her cake once more. She looked forward to finding more cafes and shops like the ones she had seen today. The town of Tachibana was a new place to explore and get to know better. She imagined that the only way she would see everything was to skip classes for at least two weeks. But of course, that wouldn't happen. Mari was far too obedient for her own good.

She watched Shane for a second before continuing on her extremely healthy meal. Mari didn't want anything more than this. Chocolate cake, rain, and a new friend. She nodded to Shane's toast with a smile and took a quick sip of her hot cocoa so it wouldn't spill.

"C-cheers!"
weakthinking

View user profile http://sebast-nyaan.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:07 am

Shane chuckled before drinking his tea as well so he wouldn't  end up with a burn on himself.  He found today to be a bit unbelievable, he had started it with cursing the rain for making him forget his books, now he was cheering for it introducing him to a new friend. Crazy  didn't even come close to his situation, Mad was probably a better word for it. At this thought another popped up and he couldn't resist a grin before placing his hat back on and holding up his tea.

"Excuse me but I must ask...why is a raven like a writing desk?..also have you seen a white rabbit?"

He was only able to keep up the act for a minute before letting out a few snickers and attempting to calm himself with a sip of his now non-burning tea. She said it was a favorite of hers, and he really hoped she got it instead of him looking like he was just mad instead of mad as a hatter.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:03 pm

Mari looked around the cafe for a minute, trying to remember the last time she had seen a place so welcoming. This thought caused her to think about her life before Tachibana. Quickly, she pushed the idea away. She was creating a new life for herself. She shouldn't have to think about the past anymore. It was done and over with. Suddenly, Mari's mishmash of thoughts were interrupted by Shane.

Mari smiled, she didn't realize that he knew about Alice in Wonderland. Well, a lot of people did, she thought. But only a handful of people have actually read the books.

"L-let me guess.."
Mari paused for dramatic effect, "You haven't the slightest idea!" she laughed before thinking about Shane's next silly question, but couldn't remember exactly what to say to it. She decided on an easy enough answer..

"Why, down the r-rabbit hole, of course!"
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:16 pm

He remembered his sister had demanded he read a bit of literature that wasn't manga, it was either Alice or Moby Dick. Thinking back on it, he realized he may have been not so subtly been suggested to read Alice. Though he refused to let the sudden trip down memory lane affect his laughter, even if the memory was fun it reminded him of what would never be again. He let her answer fill his thoughts to replace it, before quickly shooting back an answer of his own.

"Why do you ask? Only a mad person would ask?"

Shane had a slightly shocked and scared look on his face, before looking around suspiciously and leaning into the whisper.

"But if you ask me, and I am most certainly not mad, I think we're all mad here, I mean look you got that grinning cat hot on your heels."

He pointed down at the cheshire cat socks with a wide smile before sitting back and laughing. This was too much fun, and he didn't even have to hold back like at the library.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Mon May 02, 2016 10:45 pm

Mari watch Shane's expressions change as he spoke. She was impressed by how much he was getting into character. Mari pretended to be offended by his pretend assumption.

"Well, I am d-definitely nothing of the sort!"

When Shane turned and looked around the cafe, Mari followed. She wasn't sure if it was part of his act, or if he actually did notice something peculiar. She soon came to a conclusion when he continued talking about being mad. She nodded, trying her best to apply a scared look to her face.

Mari looked down at her socks when Shane pointed, only to hear laughing a moment later. She turned back, smiling when she saw the happy look on Shane's face. Today had been an exciting one, she thought. What could happen next? She didn't have a clue.

"T-tell me something! Anything about you that I s-should know."
Mari decided to pop out a random question. She didn't want Shane's enjoyment to die down while she thought of something better.
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Tue May 03, 2016 12:31 am

Shane paused his laughter and took a bite of his cake while he considered her question. It was a bit sudden and he found himself at a loss for a bit, all answers escaping him as soon as she asked. He was also confused about whether she was asking him or the hatter before settling on him.

"Huh hmm...well I mean I guess you'd wanna know my reason for going to tachibana. It'd be cause of my uh leg and just wanting to find new people or something like that...if that makes sense"

He rubbed the back of his head with a nervous chuckle, hoping the first answer didn't ruin the mood. He placed his hat back on the table before smiling widely when he realized how could he kind of rectify it.

"And hey I think I'm being pretty successful so far cause Ive only tripped a few times and I made this really awesome friend."

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Tue May 03, 2016 3:00 am

Mari waited patiently while Shane thought about her question. She knew that her question was asked pretty quickly, so Shane shouldn't feel obligated to answer as fast as he could.

Mari nodded at Shane's explanation. Her curiosity got the better of her before she had the chance to even realized it.

"How d-did it happen?" A small pause. "Ah! S-sorry.. you don't have to tell me. I just g-got too curious.."

Mari laughed at Shane's little joke. It made her happy to know that Shane thought of her as a good friend. She had been worried that he might have hung out with her out of pity. But she was definitely reassured.
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Tue May 03, 2016 3:08 am

Shane had seen it coming, kinda came with the territory in his opinion, tell someone you lost a leg and they've gotta ask how. It was human nature, and so he didn't blame or hold it against her as a result. He smiled and took a sip of his tea to relax, even if he expected it, the memory didn't hurt any less.

"It was a uh car crash, some like metal got in it and apparently bionic leg was out of the question, so uh here I am with a fake one."

He attempted a weak chuckle at his joke before waving his hand. He didn't want this to sour the day, even if it was in every meaning of the word a sore subject for him sometimes.

"Sorry sorry, I shouldn't have brought that up, anyways wanna ask me something else?"

He forked another piece of cake, the nostalgic treat helping him in nearly an instant as the familiar dopey smile popped up on his face.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Tue May 03, 2016 8:00 pm

Mari sat in wait, almost shaking from the nervousness that she herself created. Soon, Shane spoke. He seemed alright with talking about his accident, but the timid girl was still mad at herself.

"I-i'm.. sorry. That must've been a h-horrible experience." Mari waited a second before pushing herself to tell her story.

"The reason I'm here i-isn't because of this eyepatch." She knew most people assumed her disability had to do with her eye because it was a physical thing. "I have a m-multiple personality d-disorder. At least I think that's what it's c-called..."

Mari didn't like telling people about her past; mostly because that meant she had to remember it. But she thought telling Shane was okay. He was her new friend. The conversation was bound to come up sooner or later anyway, so Mari felt like it wasn't too big of a deal.

"No, it's a-alright! I was the one who a-asked!" Mari shook her head as she replied to Shane, then smiled slightly. "Why do you like making people laugh so much?"
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Tue May 03, 2016 10:20 pm

"Oh uh what is the other one like? Oh ow never mind that uh must be difficult but thank you for telling me, means a lot."

He rubbed the back of his head with a small awkward smile, he hadn't honestly been expecting that, assuming it was a physical instead of mental issue. He had some other questions about it, but didn't want her any more nervous than she already was, plus he did appreciate her sharing it. He smiled a bit more when she asked the new question, happy to move onto a hopefully better topic for the both of them.

"Well uh when in the hospital for the uh leg thing..I felt kinda lonely and bored...extremely lonely and bored, so I tried to do something anything to end it after a few weeks and finally just decided on an old joke my er sis told me, the kid next to me was cracking up as a result and the stuffy like hospital atmosphere felt a lot better when it was there. Laughter's infectious, it spread like wildfire and so did the jokes, learned nearly my whole act from that place while I went through rehabilitation. Anyways that uh kinda ignored the question, it's just nice when someone laughs cause it can do so many things, lift someones spirits, make their bright day brighter, or just make yourself laugh from their laugh."

It was a rough and difficult, but was enjoyable usually thanks to some of the people he met and laughs he did have. He took a drink of his now lukewarm tea before chuckling.

"I uh hope that makes some sense."

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Sat May 07, 2016 8:11 pm

Mari was a bit startled by the question, but decided that Shane had a right to know. He had told her about his disability, so it was only right to let him know about hers.

"No, i-it's alright. I mean, I don't know much about it myself.. because we don't share the same memories. But, she did hurt a kid pretty badly. When the teachers made me apologize, he was covered in scars and bruises."

Mari smiled awkwardly before listening to Shane's response to her question. After she heard about his reasoning, she smiled more genuinely. Shane was a really nice person. Mari had known this before, but by being told a story about his past, she was even more sure.

"Yeah, of course it m-makes sense." Mari smiled before sipping some of her hot cocoa.
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Sat May 07, 2016 8:45 pm

Shane hoped he hid his surprise at her response well, he didn't want her panicking especially now. He had assumed it'd be someone mean, normally this kinda thing was like a self defense so it made sense for someone as nice as her to have someone willing to cause scars...though it did raise the question of why someone like her had formed the second one in the first place. He did feel slightly bad about be unable to respond with something that wasn't awkward, but after hearing her response to his answer, he smiled in return to hers. It was a smile that was both relieved and genuine. Shane felt Mari was someone who could understand people really well long as she chatted with them, and he was more than thankful to have her as a friend, especially as his first one here.

"You're really an Alice you know? Able to understand the mad's rambling with a smile and nod"

Shane chuckled a bit at his own comment as he finished off his slice of cake and passed the second slice to her.

"Here, promise it won't make you grow to the size of house...well unless you eat like fifty cakes but that's totally different."

He grinned widely at her, shooting for another laugh.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Sun May 08, 2016 1:16 am

Mari smiled, almost breaking into laughter. She did think she looked similar to Alice, but she didn't ever think about the possibility that she acted like her as well. But Mari did feel happy from his comment.

"Hehe, t-thank you."

Mari watched as Shane pushed the plate of cake toward her. She looked at it with wide eyes. She wasn't even finished with her cake yet! But Mari still accepted the treat with open arms.

"I d-don't really care about my weight. As you can see, I'm p-pretty small as it is.."

Mari smiled, glancing at her tiny figure for a split second before taking a large bite of cake.
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Sun May 08, 2016 1:46 am

"Heh, yeah I know that feeling."

Shane showed his point by pulling up the sleeve of his shirt and waving it as if it were a skeleton. He also wasn't going to mention he was referring to wonderland's 'eat me' treats, as he was too busy snickering at his own joke and her as she began to inhale the red cake slice.

"I'm going to be crazy and take a very wild shot in the dark, and say that you enjoy my favorite cake."

He grinned taking another drink of his tea, he may have had a library of jokes but she had a very fun personality in his opinion.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Mon May 09, 2016 12:32 am

Mari laughed a bit at Shane's hand motion and nodded when he commented about the cake.

"Yes, I d-do!"
Mari said with a mouthful of cake. She washed it down quickly with a gulp of hot cocoa before looking out the window.

"Wow.. it's g-getting really dark. M-maybe we should start walking back?"

Practically answering her own question, Mari finished off the last of her cakes and drank her cocoa. She smiled at Shane.

"Thank you, that w-was really yummy."
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Mon May 09, 2016 3:07 am

Shane also took a glance out after her observation and nodded, noting the current darkness was more from the time than the clouds that previously caused this trip to the cafe. He lifted his mug to take another drink before realizing no tea was coming from the now empty glass.

"No tea or cake left, yup sounds like the perfect time to leave."

He flashed a wide grin for her thanks. He began to grab his hat and get up while replying.

"Think nothing of it, it was my ples-URK!"

Preoccupied with talking, he forgot that using his right leg to get up was one of the worst ideas, and fell a bit to the side with a groan.

"Damn...leg..."

He slowly got up, and cringed a little, his stump was definitely going to be a little sore cause of that. He glanced and attempted a weak reassurance.

"I'm uh alright, like I said I still trip a few times."

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Mon May 09, 2016 8:06 pm

Mari smiled at Shane's comment. No food was the same thing as no enjoyment! Especially in a place such as Tachibean.

"I'm g-glad we agree!"

She smiled once more when she heard him reply to her thanks. Shane was such a nice person; and maybe he didn't care about money too much, but Mari was still extremely grateful. He was willing to give somethingup for her. That was the point.

Mari glanced out the window once more before she heard Shane's voice call out in pain. She rushed out of her seat to help him, but soon realized it was a mistake. Even though the two students were similar in the build they had, Shane was still almost twice the size of the tiny girl. Still, she tried her best to help him up; if she was even a fraction of help, it was worth it.

"It's o-okay. Go s-slowly.."

Mari didn't want something like eagerness to get up or embarrassment to make Shane hurt himself even more. Once he situated himself, Mari grabbed his hat and coat for him.

"It's fine." Mari smiled cheerfully. She liked helping people, even if she wasn't able to do it well enough. "I'm g-glad you're okay." She handed Shane his jacket and hat before re-buttoning her own coat.

"Do you think y-you'll be able to walk r-right away?"
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Mon May 09, 2016 11:29 pm

Shane figured she couldn't lift him, but appreciated her help slowing his ascent and also supporting his side so his sore limb didn't have too much pressure on it. Despite the size difference he didn't actually weigh that much more than her, his resemblance to a skeleton going even to his weight. He leaned on the table a little before putting his jacket back on and situating his hat back on his head.

"Thanks that uh happens more often than you'd think."

He chuckled a bit before thinking about her question and placing it a bit of pressure on it. He couldn't hide the slight hiss of pain he let out, but it wasn't too bad for him.

"I kinda can, mind if I lean on you a bit during the walk just for a few minutes."

He knew she wouldn't mind helping him, she already demonstrated being happy to help multiple times, but it didn't stop the embarrassment he felt at the request. He was still getting over the leg injury and moments like these did not help at all.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Sat May 14, 2016 12:44 am

"No p-problem!"

Mari exclaimed; she was incredibly happy that Shane appreciated her help. And because of that, she wanted to do anything she could to help him even more. She had wanted to help him before, but being appreciated was the greatest feeling to Mari.

The tiny girl waited patiently as Shane tested his walking ability. She could noticed the pain was still there as she looked as his eyes. Mari had become sort of a psychic in that way. She could tell when someone was angry, happy, sad, or in pain simply by glancing at their eyes.

"Of co-course! I'm happy to hel-lp."

Mari smiled and flicked her hair out of the way so Shane wouldn't accidentally pull on it. She then moved herself closer to him; to give him a chance to adjust himself against her.
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Sat May 14, 2016 1:05 am

Shane adjusted himself as well, moving his arm so only his forearm rested on her, not wanting to accidentally dig his boney elbow into her. He didn't even attempt to hide his appreciation for her help and patience, her excitement was like everything else bout her infectious. A grin popped up on his as he got into a position comfortable for, what he hoped was, comfortable for both of them.

"Once more Mari thank you, this hatter appreciates it."

He tipped his hat a little with his free hand before heading out the cafe with her and popping open his umbrella, noting the rain hadn't stopped and that his cover had also scratched against something. Looking up he chuckled for a bit when he noticed the obstruction.

"Hang on a moment please."

He held the umbrella in his elbow before grabbing his hat and placing it gently on Mari's head.

"There, dare I say it fits you better than myself at the moment."

He raised the umbrella once more now that it wouldn't hit anything, smiling a bit at the situation. Alice helping the Hatter out of a cafe, it'd make a great joke or story.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Mon May 16, 2016 4:16 am

Mari noticed how gentle Shane was trying to be with her and smiled. He really was such a nice person. Mari nodded towards Shane's thanks. She was still fairly happy from being able to help him, but the words of gratitude were even more worth it.

The two exited the tiny cafe and were almost ambushed by the rain. Thankfully, Shane opened the umbrella just in time. Mari wondered how many people would glance at her and Shane awkwardly on the way home.

"Hm?"

Mari looked up at Shane; yep, he was still incredibly tall. Mari knew it was only her height that made Shane look like a giant, but she couldn't help being frustrated with it. Suddenly, Shane's hat made it's way onto Mari's head. She knew just how silly it looked, but couldn't care less. It was a fun way to avoid the hat getting bumped constantly.

"I su-suppose so." Mari giggled. After a few seconds of walking, she slowed down. "You know t-the way back, r-right? Because I have n-no idea.."
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Mon May 16, 2016 4:46 am

Shane smiled a bit, still thankful she was doing this and not in a pitying way, in fact she seemed more happy than ever to do it. Though they did look a little odd, him a tall jacket wearing skeleton and her a short top hat wearing Alice's, they were guaranteed to get a few looks. But at least the rain and late time had kept the streets a bit emptier than usual.

"Of course, what fool would blindly lead himself and Alice to a tea party only to not know how to get back to their residence?"

He rhetorically asked before laughing a bit, leaning down so he didn't appear as tall and didn't have to be as loud

"Yes I do, we just go up a street for a bit and we'll be right at the school gates...would you like to talk about anything to pass the time?"

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weakthinking on Mon May 16, 2016 3:30 pm

Mari smiled at Shane's act once more. With him talking like that, it reminded her of when she read the books for Alice In Wonderland. Nothing could have made the girl feel more nostalgic. Except, maybe, getting looked in a room by herself. Mari shook her head fiercely and smiled again, forcing the thought to leave her head.

Suddenly, Shane leaned down and spoke to Mari. This action was a small one, but made Mari feel overwhelmed. Shane was making sure she didn't feel uncomfortable with the height difference. Could he possibly read her mind?

"O-oh! Good! And uuhh.. I don't know." Mari laughed awkwardly at herself as her cheeks grew red from embarrassment. She always felt bad for not being able to converse! "I'm sorry.. b-but I've run out of ideas.."
weakthinking

Back to top Go down

Post by kyubbifox9 on Mon May 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Shane was able to hide his surprise and curiosity at her less than normal sequence of actions,  shaking her head and then quickly smiling again. He was used to being on the delivering end of those and was able to tell she had a thought she didn't want to be thinking about that moment, and thankfully distracting was a talent of his. He was also hoping said talent would help with her blushing and awkward laugh, because he did not want them both ending up like they did outside the clothing store.

"Well that is fair, you have been leading the conversation most of the day and have done a pretty good job at it if I say so myself. It's only fair I help the conversation along, though can't guarantee I'll be the best at that."

He let out a snicker at his joke, figuring his normal laugh may scare her bit with how close they were, before looking up in thought. Thinking up a topic was no problem, but picking one of them from the many he made was a bit difficult. He thought of jokes or whistling, but his curiosity about their meeting eventually became overwhelming.

"Do you mind me asking why you uh didn't shoo me away when we met at the library? Cause I'll be honest I don't think I make the best first impression...or second for that matter."

He smiled a bit more gently than usual at her, really hoping she didn't become nervous because of the question.

kyubbifox9
Roleplayer
Roleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: